skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Exciting News: A Little Everdene+Jooya on the Way!
Tariq and I have some very exciting news to share with all our friends and family: we’re officially pregnant! This past week, I had one of the most exciting moments in my life. I went to Cure International Hospital on Darulaman Road near the old Palace in Kabul. This was my first proper doctor’s visit, to a Scottish expatriate named Jacqui Hill. She sent me for an ultrasound, and with my eyes glued to the little TV monitor, I saw our little “Twinkle” for the first time. I actually saw the kiddo lift its right hand and wave at me, and I couldn’t help but tear up I felt so happy. Everything is looking normal and healthy and Dr. Hill confirmed that the baby is three months (12 weeks) along. Although we didn’t plan to start our family in Afghanistan, sometimes these things happen according to a higher plan and purpose. I’m not sure if one is ever ready, but we’re certainly happy to be starting a family! For me, it’s truly a miracle to be part of this creative process. I’ve got quite a little tummy developing already and a growing appetite. So far one of the only downsides to being here is my accentuated sense of smell (hearken back to last blog entry on the smell of raw sewage everywhere from frozen pipes! Aiii!) Tariq is thrilled about the whole thing and has been taking very good care of us. He’s busy making hot, healthy soups and stews for dinner on our wood stove, and keeping the stove stoked and warm and fresh wood chopped. He has had to be patient with me walking around pretty tired and falling asleep early. Thanks to all of you to whom we leaked the news ahead of time, who have offered us love and support! This week I shared the news with my employer. Tariq and I will be returning to Canada in May. We should be finalizing our plans within the next weeks.
6 comments:
Congratulations! That's great news.
How long are you back for in May? In light of this development, are you planning to stay in Afghanistan in the longer term or come back to Canada?
Ahhhhh!!! Yahoo!!! What a bit of news to discover while checking in on your blog tonight . . . I get to be an auntie, once removed :-)
All my love to you and half-pint,
anna
We're planning to return to Canada. I'm sure we'll be back in Afghanistan, at least for short term visits and assignments, in the future. But we need to figure out the whole parenting thing a bit first!
Congratulations, Barb! I have been enjoying your blog so much. You have really had some wonderful experiences and living life to the full.
Jana!! Wow it is so good to hear from you. I didn't know you were reading our blog. :-) I am looking forward to seeing you & Herb soon. We should be in Calgary area in June and perhaps can organize from there. Can you send me your email address? My email is barb@everdene.ca
xoxo Barb
Hallo my dear friend!
Congratulations - what great news to hear that you are expecting a baby. I am so happy to hear that. It has been quite a while since I have last dropped by your blog and as always that keeps me occuppied for some time:-) But yet again it is great stories and I am happy to read how well you have adapted and how your life is.
I wish you all the best with the pregnacy and hope that you two will have as good an experience with giving birth as we have had.
Love
Jasper
Post a Comment